|Sarma tour 3|
Listvyanka - B.Goloystnoe town -the Olhon Island - The Small sea- (10 days)
This route acquaints you with the western part of Baikal and is called after the west wind of the lake -Sarma. You`ll be able to have a good rest, to sea beautiful places and to get to know local traditions and mode of life. There will be a possibility to see fascinating natural monuments:
- the Peschanaya bay, famous for its "walking" trees, which roots raise to 1.5 meters height,
- the unique pyramid-like rocks Malaya and Bolshaya Kolokolni (Small and Big Belltowers),
- the picturesque bays Babushka and Vnuchka (Grandmother and Granddaughter).
You`ll be able to find yourself in the "heart" of Baikal Lake - the Olhon Island. Warm bays of the crystal pure water of the Moloye sea (Small sea) won`t leave you indifferent
Day 1: Meeting at the airport of Irkusk and transfer to Listvyanka village (68 km from Irkutsk).On the route:
- Baikal Museum (you can get to know the history of the lake`s studying, get acquainted with its flora and fauna;
- Baikal seals` shelter,
- art gallery
- St.Nicholas Church;
Accommodation in a hotel
An excursion to the Baikal rail-road loop.
Day 2: A visit of the architectural-ethnographical museum Taltsi (you`ll
be able to see wooden houses and get acquainted with cultural peculiarities of the Pribaikalje peoples). Transfer to Bolshaya Goloystnaya village (188 km from Listvyanka along the shore of the lake). Accommodation in the "Hunting house".
Days 2 - 4: Lake Baikal recreation:
- a 5-hour motorboat trip to the bay Peschanaya - "Siberian Rivera";
- a 3-hour horse ride to a watching spot in the Ushkanya Lowland;
- a trip to the Syhoe (Dry) lake, a natural monument (a neighborhood of the Semyonovka Lowland);
- a visit of the St. Nicholas Church, the only church situated on the shore of the lake (the ceremonies of baptism and marrying can be held);
- a 5 - 6-hour floating trip along the Goloystnaya river (200 rubles per a person);
- fishing and picnics.
Day 4: Transfer to the Olhon Island (280 km)- territory of the Baikal national park. On the route:
a visit of the Ethnography Ust-Orda museum (70 km)
a visit of Local lore Huzhir town museum (the Olhon Island)
Day 5: Excursions around the Island to:
the Burhan cape (Shamanka rock)
the Hoboy cape - the northern end of the Island
the Tashkiney Lowland
the Shara-Nur (salty Lake)
the sandy beach of the Sarayskiy bay
Departure for the Maloye sea ( Small Sea), accommodation in a tourist center
Day 6 - 9: Swimming, fishing, trips to the Primorskiy ridge, excursion to the Kurykanskiye "walls", to the Sarma canyon, a motor boat trip to the M.Toynak, B Toynak, Hubyn Islands
Day 9: Arrival to Irkutsk, accommodation in a hotel, a trip around the city.
Day 10: Transfer to the airport, departure.
The tour cost for a six-person group. It includes: meeting and seeing off, transport service, accommodation in the comfortable guest houses, nutrition and guide escort.
Entrance tickets and museum excursions, walking and floating trips are paid additionally.